I have spent the day at my in-laws - always mentally exhausting! Add to that, I had to drive as Ian was sick (more stress as the original thought was appendix - it isn't) and as I am a fairly new driver (as in 3 years) and don't often drive in Sydney I am tired! Much too tired to be coherent (see last sentence as evidence!! lol) - so this seems like a good time to share this. I found myself nodding wisely as I read - especially number one! My boys have instructions to send all my portable hard-drives and USB's to my friend (thanks Gill :D) because there is stuff on them I don't want them reading - ever! ... and she has already seen it anyway! She can delete what is necessary and send it back. Thank god for friends!!
(and now you are all wondering what it is exactly I have on them aren't you? I am not telling and she is not able to be bribed - I know this because ..... I know her secrets as well! *angelic smile* )
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6.Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
7. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
8. Bad decisions make good stories.
9. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
10. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page document that I swear I did not make any changes to.
11. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.
12. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
13. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
16. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
17. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
20. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.
21. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
Song of the Day: Having a Bryan Adams-fest ... Straight From the Heart = Bryan Adams