Sunday, July 18, 2010

Note to Self:

Note to self: no matter how cold it is - when cleaning the oven wear short sleeves!!

I have just spent hours cleaning my oven. It's a job I hate and yet another one John used to do for me. I admit I have been putting it off for a very long time but I didn't realise how bad it had got but now - to quote my son - it looks like a new one! Not quite but I love him anyway ;)

About half way through I had another thought - 2nd note to self - pay someone else to clean my oven! I like that idea much much better!

I had a lovely day yesterday - Ian and I went to the Good Food and Wine Show in Sydney. I went last year and really enjoyed it and as he is my chef and the one who enjoys food we made a date to go this year. Let me say, it is much easier getting through crowds when you are following a large 6'4" male - and he carries stuff as well - another absolute bonus. But apart from that it was a nice day - we wandered and tried out different food (and bought several things as well), went to three different shows of celebrity cooks - 2 of which were fabulous - one not quite so good but still very enjoyable and generally had a great day. Its nice to get away with just one child occasionally and spend some quality time and because Ian is working full time, studying at uni and doing tennis comps a couple of times a week, there is not always a lot of time we can do so.

Note to self: go on Friday next year - it is not as busy and no kids!

Ian always used to laugh at John when he complained about school holidays and the trains but there was more than a little bit of John showing when he complained about people not sticking to 'train etiquette'.He had planned on studying both ways on the train - an hour each way - but both ways there were people who dared to talk!! Sheesh - what were they thinking! 

Note to self: try to remember how to stop posting my blog on my FB profile before I irritate everyone!

and finally a thought - stolen from a friends FB status (thanks Patty)
One evening a Cherokee elder told his grandson about the battle that goes on inside people's heads. He said, "My son, the battle is between the 2 wolves that live inside us all. One is Unhappiness. The other is Happiness."
The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, "Which wolf wins?" The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."
                                                                                                   - Author Unknown
Feeling of the Day: Exhausted - that oven took forever!!

Song of the Day: Angels - Robbie Williams

oh! I know I am well behind on my organisation - I will get back to it I promise! Either later or tomorrow :)

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll get back to your organising when you've stopped procrastinating, right? ;-)
Looks like you had a great day Shirley!
And I love the quote! I may need to 'borrow' that at some point in the (very near) future! xx