Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wednesday already?

Last night I took my son and a friend to see Shrek 4. While I am not a big fan of Mike Myers he does do a good Shrek, and you have to love Eddie Murphy's Donkey but for me the star is always Puss-in-Boots. There is nothing like a swash-buckling hero, no matter what he looks like, and when he has the voice of Antonio Banderas, who could make even a phone book sound sexy, what more is there to say .... and then there are those eyes!!

And the fact that he may have gained a pound or three does not distact from this - just makes him even more gorgeous.



The theme revolved around Shrek being unhappy with where his life was going and buying a spell off Rumpelstiltskin(which you knew was not going to be good move), the result being  he no longer existed and so the whole world took on a different personna.

I have often wondered where I would be if just one thing had changed. If my mother hadn't persuaded me to work in Texas when I was really just enquiring out of curiosity, if a friend and I hadn't decided, almost on a whim, to travel to London for a while to work, if I hadn't met my future husband who was there from Australia also working ... Life is full of 'what-ifs' - interesting isn't it?

Would I change anything? Of course there are many parts I would have preferred not to have had to go through, but then, they are what makes me me. I may not be totally thrilled with who I am, but I am what I am and without my life going the way it did I would not have had 23 and half years with a wonderful man, I would not have my kids, I wouldn't have dealt with anything in the same way. In fact I wouldn't be me. So while Shrek, Donkey, Fiona and Puss-in-Boots managed at the 11th hour to change history back to where it should be, I am happy that my history is what it is. But it is interesting to wonder. You never know I could be ..... :)

Feeling of the Day: Content

Song of the Day: Don't Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith





No comments: