Saturday, August 7, 2010

25 Things About Me ...

Oops - back at work and the writing suffers. I have to say this has been the worst week for a long time. 

First I was sick on Monday and Tuesday night! Then I work with 5 different nurses over the course of my week - the combinations vary depending on the night, but it works well and we all know what to do and no-one thinks about it. This week 4 of them are off! One is sick, one has a very sick mother, one had had her husband raced to hospital and is not very well and the other is going in the City to Surf walk/run tomorrow. This means I have had a variety of relief staff and boy do I miss my regular girls. The one exception to that is Fi - who does a lot of relief for nights. Thank goodness she was here because I think she saved my sanity! I have 2 more nights left and she is on for both :D:D:D

So .. my writing has suffered but I was browsing and saw this idea and thought - perfect! I don't have to think too much lol so, here is 25 exciting and varied things about me....

  1. I was born in New Zealand
  2. I have lived in 4 countries (NZ, the US, UK and Australia)
  3. I am the youngest of 6 siblings (by 12 years)
  4. I have never met one of my brothers.
  5. I have never had a broken bone - although I tried desperately to break my arm when I was in school.
  6. I always knew I was going to be a nurse and although I was the last accepted into my intake I was 1 of only 2 to finish without having to repeat anything.
  7. I have never ridden a bike (pedal)
  8. I have just got my driver's license (3 years ago)
  9. I kept all my toys and then had 3 boys. My husband kept none of his.
  10. I lived and worked in Texas when I was 22 and I lived and worked in London when I was 23 and 24 where I met my husband - although he was Australian.
  11. I would love to learn to speak French
  12. I have worked at the same place (where I am now) for almost 21 years - all night duty.
  13. I can't whistle
  14. My favourite city is London but the place I would most like to go back to is Paris
  15. The places I most want to visit are the Pyramids, Switzerland, Vancouver and Turkey (and masses of other places including Denmark, Finland, Sweden etc)
  16. My favourite ethnic food is Thai but I also love Chinese, Greek, etc etc
  17. I hate brussel sprouts, celery and peas (and peas hate me back!)
  18. I can resist any food except pavlova but I am a terrible cook.
  19. I love to read - anything and everything and am currently reading 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo'
  20. My favourite movie is The Sound of Music but I love most chick flicks except Bridget Jones' Diary!
  21. I watch hardly any TV except NCIS and NCIS LA
  22. I almost never swear - it just isn't me
  23. I love my own company - most of the time
  24. .My best friend lives in the UK and my other best friend lives in NZ - both much too far away!
  25. My favourite place to be - right now is my bed. 

I have just finished work and it is time to sleep - I know not wildly exciting - I will edit or add if I think of anything else.

Sweet dreams :)

xx

Feeling of the Day: Content

Song of the Day: and I know i have used it before but I love it .... Sleep - Poets of the Fall 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn you woman, I know where you saw that list of 25 and I was going to borrow the same idea! lol
Wish we didn't think alike at times ():-) hehe j/k
Still can't work out why you don't like Bridget Jones though, she's a legend :p
Roll on your week off, yeay! xx